ANIMATOR: International Animated Film Festival
7 July - 13 July 2017
Contact: Filip Kozlowski
Phone: +48 61 850 16 55
Fax: +48 61 850 16 55
Estrada Poznanska, Masztalarska 8
- Submission Info
ANIMATOR is the biggest animated film festival in Poland. One of its important features is the International Competition of short and feature animated films.
The programme of ANIMATOR includes various additional events: retrospectives of renowned directors, premieres, special screenings, thematic screenings, concerts, outdoor screenings, panel discussions, exhibitions, performances, lectures and workshops. The festival places a great emphasis on the connections between animation and music; many of the screenings are accompanied by live music performed by a jazz trio, a DJ, a rock band, as well as, a symphonic orchestra.
Year established: 2008
Is this festival exclusively animation?: Yes - this is exclusively an animation festival
This festival is recognised by ASIFA
20 February 2017
FREE! There is no charge for this festival
Format(s) accepted for submission:
- Online Link (& Password)
1. The following films may be submitted to the Competition:
a/ short animated films created in any animation technique, up to 30 minutes, completed after 31 December 2013. The same film cannot enter the Competition twice.
b/ feature animated films created in any animation technique, over 40 minutes, completed after 31 December 2013. The same film cannot enter the Competition twice.
2. Trailers, commercials and series cannot be submitted to the Competition.
3. Films entered into any previous Animator Competition may not be submitted again.
4. Following the decisions of Selection Board, Festival Art Director nominates submitted films for competition screening. Art Director has also the right to select films to the Competition outside the Selection Board. In this case, Art Director invites the producer or creator to submit a film to the Competition. If the said invitation is accepted, and all formalities are met by the producer or creator, the film is qualified to enter the Competition.
5. For a film to be accepted for selection it is obligatory to meet the following requirements:
• complete online film entry form at www.animator-festival.com, including uploading min. 3 film stills of good quality (min. 300 dpi), brief film synopsis (min. 500 characters, max. 1,000 characters), biographical notes (min. 500 characters, max. 1000 characters), the director's photo (min. 300 dpi) and digitalised dialogue list in English.
• send a downloadable online high quality digital video file (via WeTransfer, Dropbox, Vimeo, etc.) to email@example.com or a DVD-Video preview tape (each film on a separate DVD). The Organizer reserves the right to reject a film for the Competition due to its unsatisfactory technical quality.
Festival recognised by: (what does this mean?)