Hamburg Animation Award
22 June - 22 June 2017
Contact: Nadja Zimmermann
Phone: +49 (0)40 3613 8262
Fax: +49 (0)40 3613 8269
Hamburg Chamber of Commerce, Division of IT, Media and Creative Industries, Adolphsplatz 1
- Submission Info
International award for new creative talent in animated design.
Students and graduates (max. three years into a career) of all film schools, academies, workshops, technical colleges and universities worldwide are welcome to enter the competition.
The expert jury will nominate the best animated short films (max. 10 minutes) using any animation technique (2D, 3D, puppet animation, stop motion, etc.) for one of five prizes with a total value of EUR 11,000. The nominated student and alumni projects will be presented at the award gala in Hamburg, Germany in June.
– Hamburg Animation Award – 1st Prize: 4,000 EUR
– 2nd Prize: 3,000 EUR
– 3rd Prize: 2,000 EUR
– Harald Siepermann Character Design Award: 1,000 EUR
– Audience Award: 1,000 EUR
Year established: 2003
Is this festival exclusively animation?: Yes - this is exclusively an animation festival
24 April 2017
FREE! There is no charge for this festival
- Animated Short
Format(s) accepted for submission:
- Online Upload (via festival site)
- Participants: students and graduates (max. three years into a career) of all film schools, technical colleges, academies and universities worldwide
- Entries: animated short films (max. 10 minutes) using any technique (2D, 3D, puppet animation, stop motion, etc.)
- Award ceremony: Five prizes with a total value of EUR 11,000 will be awarded to the winners at the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce.
- Entries can be submitted free of charge. Detailed information on the entry conditions is provided in the contest documents. Prizes will only be awarded to teams attending the award ceremony. The decision of the jury is final; there is no recourse to legal action.